The school year has really just started, but if you’re already finding yourself in a school lunch rut, be sure to check out these creative ideas for packing balanced lunches that are healthy and fun. Because we homeschool, we only pack a lunch once a week for co-op, but I’m definitely going to be adding some of these ideas to our lunch rotation!
1. Food for My Family: hard boiled eggs, carrots, cheese cubes, potato salad, raspberries
2. Cool Mom from Vancouver: monster sandwich, orange slices
3. Weelicious: eggplant cheeseburgers, fruit and seed bar, corn, red, yellow and orange raspberries, blueberries
4. Family Fun: PB&J blossom sandwiches
5. Goodbyn: salad, salami, cheese and crackers, trail mix, cookies
6. Healthy Lunch Ideas: rice, tomatoes, strawberries, carrots, oranges, cauliflower, squash, pineapple, snap peas, grapes, blueberries, purple cabbage, grapes
7. Another Lunch: cereal bar, granola bar, cracker & cream cheese “sandwiches”, grapes, carrots, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips
8. Making Life Better.com: sandwich on a stick
9. Funky Lunch: house sandwich
How do you make school lunches healthy and fun?